Otaku Sunday #1: Winter 2017 - My To-Try List

It's time to bring back another post series that I used to enjoy writing: The Otaku Sunday! All about anime, manga and Japanese/Asian stuff. Now I might not post them on every Sunday because lately I am barely making time for anime, but this series might bring the enthusiasm back!

Since the new season just started (or it will quite soon), I quickly scanned the chart and picked some things that I might enjoy. I am absolutely sure I won't get to watch all the anime on my list, but I never know which I will watch for sure... so here's a not so realistic list of what I would like to watch:

Starting with Little Witch Academia because I saw scenes from the first movies (which I need to watch too) and I love the animation and art style. Plus, I love all things witchy! The title is pretty self-explanatory, plus I did not research the plot much because there are two films I need to watch first!

Next on my list is Demi-chan wa Kataritai because it seems fun. It's about a biology teacher that is teaching three "demi-humans". It's a comedy. When I was younger I did not enjoy anime comedies, but now I need them in my life!

One of the few "serious" anime on my list is ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka, an anime about an inspection agency... the plot on MAL makes it look boring, but the preview was interesting and it's from Madhouse (plus there are some great shots of food), so I always give a chance to Madhouse productions.

Urara Meirochou is on this list only because of that bird on that chick's shoulder! And I am not kidding! It's a slice of life comedy about aspiring fortune-tellers. I have no idea if I will like it, but it made the list.

Gabriel DropOut is a comedy about a girl being lazy, skipping school to play video games - and she is an angel. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I really enjoy anime about girls being geeks like Himouto! Umaru-chan.

Now this is another one I will watch for sure, as it seems to be the funniest: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. It's an anime about a hardworking office lady and her maid... who just happens to also be a dragon.

The other not-comedy is Spiritpact, an anime that is on this list because I miss supernatural anime like Kamisama Hajimemashita (which I absolutely love), only this anime is also shounen-ai and it might be interesting.

Speaking of shounen-ai, the second season of Super Lovers (Super Lovers 2) is out this winter season and I might watch it... if I finish the first season and like it.

And this is pretty much it! Eight anime series and most with a big question mark above them, but I will still try at least one or two episodes from each. But until then, I will enjoy my pizza and the new Netflis show: A Series of Unfortunate Events!

Popular posts from this blog

On Happiness and Other Demons

Present Day Goals