Pizza Wednesday

Grey's Anatomy (TV Series) | Landscape (tumblr)

I got the news. I am starting on my new position next Tuesday. And I have days off until then. And I will have a normal work schedule afterwards, which should mean normal sleep schedule, eating schedule and... life, maybe?

I am looking forward to adapting to this new way of life and trying to make the best of it and find balance. I am craving balance in my day to day life, especially when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. But why wait until Tuesday, right? So I went to the gym today. Because all I have to do is start - it does not even have to be a good start!

So I am somewhat more determined this time. I want to go to the gym more often and do my best there. But the most challenging part is food. I am not even sure where to start and I know controlling myself is not easy at all... but I am not giving up.

I will go the moderation route, of course, because taking out unhealthy foods from my diet is never going to work. I like to eat junk food, I just need to focus on eating more of the good stuff and some bad foods from time to time. The challenge is to avoid excess. I tend to go crazy when it comes to snacks, ice-cream and more. So I will go for more nutritious food, for finding balance and... portion-control when it comes to cookies.

I will have some foods occasionally such as sugary things, salty snacks, pastry, fast food, pizza and more. And I will try to include more whole-foods in my diet, especially veggies and fruit. Granted, my fridge does not help but we plan to change it and I want a tall one that has the freezer on the bottom and the fridge on the top in such a way that the veggies are going to be straight in my face!!

I am still thinking of a method to track how many times I eat the "occasional foods". Maybe I will have a cheat day or cheat meal. My challenge will be to sleep on this and find a way that will suit me. And my last challenge is to have a balanced meal!! I will meal plan again and try to balance them more, but I will also try to have balance on my plate and make most of it veggies (of course)!

It's a fresh start.

// Andreea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Otaku Sunday: Spring is Here (Kinda)